Throughout our lives, we experience many life events from getting our first apartment to getting married to eventually downsizing our homes. Self storage can be a great storage solution for life’s major changes. Placing your personal items in self storage will give you peace-of-mind that your belongings are in a safe and secure place as you tackle your life events.
There are many life events that could require a person to need to rent a self storage unit:
- Moving. One of the number one reasons to rent a self storage unit is because you are selling your home or moving to a new home. Over 35 million people move a year and a good portion of these people need a moving storage solution to store excess household items. If you plan on selling your home, a clean and organized house is more appealing to potential buyers. Unclutter your home as much as possible and store excess belongings in a self storage unit to that will fit your needs. If you are moving to a new city, but do not know the size of your new home yet, then it is a good idea to place your belongings in a self storage unit until you get settled into your new home.
- Getting Married. When you are getting married, you are combining two households into one. There could be duplicates of furniture, kitchen items, appliances and linens. Place the excess in storage until you can use them or you decide to sell or donate the items. Self storage is a great option for storing wedding gifts and other items that you have collected along life’s journey.
- Expecting a new family member. If you’re about to welcome a new baby into the household, it’s definitely time to free up some space. It’s time to create a nursery, so clear out that spare bedroom, man cave, or office. If there is no other storage option in the home, place the extra items from the room into a self storage unit until you are able to use them again.
- Empty nesting. As children grow up and go to college, parents can start to go through an “empty nesting” phase and decide to redecorate or repurpose a child’s room into an office, multi-media room, workout room or craft room. Place the child’s “stuff” in a self storage unit and have them decide if they want to keep their childhood memorabilia. After college is over, the graduate might end up moving back home, so the room could have to be changed back to a bedroom yet again!
- Downsizing a Home. As we get older, we do not need as much “stuff” in our lives. This is when we decide to downsize your home to a smaller place or apartment. However, we cannot part with all of our “stuff” just yet, so place your excess items in a self storage unit. If you have to clean out a home after a loved one has passed away, it is a good idea to place the items in self storage until you are able to decide what to do with them.
Stop N Stor has storage solutions for all of your life’s events from just starting out after college to downsizing a home after a long life.