Arts and crafts supplies come in all shapes and sizes from very small to very large. Crafting supplies can end up all over the place in your home or crafting area causing the area to be cluttered and organized. A messy craft area makes it harder to find the craft supplies that you need when you actually need them! A person will be more productive with their craft projects when they are working in a clean, comfortable space with all of the supplies visible and accessible.
Every home has an arts and crafts area for children’s projects and hobbies. If there is not enough room in the home for arts and crafts storage, then it is time to consider renting a self storage unit. Stop N Stor offers a variety of storage solutions from climate controlled to non-climate controlled storage units. A 5×5 storage unit would be ideal to store arts and crafts supplies. If you require a larger storage unit for your arts and craft, use our storage space calculator to help you estimate what storage unit size you need. Adding shelving units in the storage unit will make the supplies even more organized and easy to find when you need access to them.
Tips for Storing Arts & Crafts Supplies
Now is the time to organize your craft supplies into one specific area; before you know it, it will be time to start working on holiday craft projects. If possible, create a crafting corner or desk in a room. This will allow for place for you to work with all or your supplies close by.
- Before you start a crafting supply organization project, take inventory of the items that you currently have at your home. This prevents overbuying items that you do not use. This is also a handy shopping list when you do need to re-fill your supplies.
- It is very important to keep “like” arts and crafts items together. Each type of supply should be sorted to be with like items. For example, do not mix pencils and markers, but keep them separate. Specific tools, such as stamps, scissors, rulers, etc. should be kept with like items.
- Use plastic storage bins to store your craft supplies, so you can see what is in the bins. Label the bin on the lid and side with the types of supplies, so you can easily find what you need. Plastic bins can come in all shapes and sizes such as specially designed bins for bead storage, rubber band loom bracelet supply storage or stamp storage. Plastic bins are also much easier to stack on shelves.
- Scrapbooking supplies can take up a lot of space. Have enough space so you can store and keep all of your scrapbooking supplies. Make sure that you have all the supplies that you need on hand including stamps, stickers, photo albums, glue sticks and of course, photos.
- Pinterest is a great place to find storage ideas for your home crafting area. Buying storage solutions at your local craft store or creating your own DIY solution for your crafts will make it easy to find what you need when you need it.